Down Colt Update

Hooray! The colt is fine so far as the dizziness. The cochlea healed and
he "half stands" with NO dizziness and total control.
Only problem--- he is terrified to stand up all the way--- feels he will
fall and hurt himself again. Sooo we are hoisting him up again in the
confines of the barn using a block and tackle mounted on a joist across
the ceiling. Sooo, does anyone have access to a horse sling or a cargo
net? OR know where we can get a cargo net? The horse slings are terribly
expensive and we will only use it once--- money is always tight before
breeding season. We understand there was an article in Equus where
someone used the cargo net for support. Anyone still have this
article--- Bobbie??
Say a little prayer for him. He has had soooo much heart through this
whole ordeal. And, BTW, LOVES Bocelli CD's (we got him a boom box for
Christmas) sooo if your horse in is the barn during the day, turn off
the AM and turn on OPERA! (and I don't mean the talk show)  ;-)
Bette (PS you can e-mail me privately--- don't know how many people on
ridecamp will ever need these resources)