From: Tracey [mailto:tracey@tbt.co.za]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 9:02 PM
To: Kathy Mayeda; troton@aol.com
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Re: Re: Newbies at NC - Question for Karen

Janie Olson said:
So put yourself in that point in time.  Would you have been as enthusiastic about the sport if you were told that you could not compete in NC rides or Tevis or ROC or???  It would probably seem like AERC is a closed club.  Think about it.

I'm surprised this is even an issue.  In any other Equestrian sport I can think of (ShowJumping, Dressage, Eventing), you earn the right to go to the Nationals by moving through the grades on your horse (or by buying a "going" horse - and there aren't many newbies dumb enough to try that!)

I'm still quite surprised that "NC" would include newbies at all....

Tracey