Re: Newbie says thanks

Feeding oil or fat will not cause his pulse to be higher.  I think that's
one of those rumors that gets circulated by the anti fat people (believe it
or not they do exist!).  I recently had a discussion on another board about
feeding fat.  Some people have also been told that it prohibits the
absorption of vitamins and minerals.  NOT!  :)  Just wanted to set the
record straight...Susan will probably pick up on that and offer her advice
as well.  Oh, don't forget the beet pulp!  :)  Kind of a private joke to
me... I almost always tell people to feed fat and beet pulp, my two favorite
secret weapons (which aren't so secret in the endurance world!).  :)  LOL
Maggie