Information requested (if possible)

Barbara Logan greytiedeer@xtra.co.nz
I am looking for a needle in a haystack no doubt, but here goes.
In the early seventies I acquired (for some months) a battered (beaten up
by a big Boer stallion) and skeletal Arabian stallion, whose name was (so
I was informed) General Du Four (I think that's the correct spelling). I
nursed
him back to health and found him to be the perfect horse - temperament,
character, presence, etc. However, his original owners saw him in his new
condition and took him back, without my knowledge.
I was gutted to say the least but could do nothing about it.
Anyway, the story goes that he was imported (in utero) from Egypt, born on
the ship General Du Four on the trip out (hence the name), spent some time
in SWA/Namibia where he hunted Springbok. Then ended up in the
Johannesburg/Pretoria area - where he was given to me by the people who
had been given the horse because he was in such bad shape and I guess, not
expected to live.
Recently I was raving to a SA vet (now resident in New Zealand like
myself) about Arabian horses (of course I have one here in NZ - a
brilliant mare) and the General came up. She said she knew of him. That he
was from the Vidiko stud and that he had ended up at Onderstepoort where
they managed to get some foals from him. She said he was one of the last
of the Darley Arabians (I think she confused this with Darius or some
other such line, but  you never know, or at least I don't.)
Is there any way of checking on this and of finding out anything at all
about this incredible little horse?
He was a small chestnut with white stockings and blaze.
Hope you can help with this as he was exceptional and I have never
forgotten him despite the short time I was able to share with him.
Thanks