LD or End.

I am trying to decide what distance of rides I should be doing this year,
last year I rode CTR (25 or 30 miles).  This year I was going ride Limited
Distance. After discussing this with some other endurance riders that
thought I should ride slow 50's, I began to reconsider.  I have heard it
said here before that a slow 50 is easier on a horse than a fast 25.  Please
note that I am not into speed at either distance but I am just looking for
opinions from both sides (not wanting to start a battle again you can e me
privately if you'd rather)as to what is a better jump for my horse.
Consider that I will ride 2 -3 times a week for 7 miles then once a week for
15 - 20 miles. Is this enough conditioning to do 50's or will I need to
reconsider my conditioning schedule? Last year was her first year on the
trail (she is 10 though and had been a broodmare) and I rode her in 3 CTR's.
  I really want to ride endurance but I wasn't considering it until next
year but now I am not sure.

Angie N.