Re: Qualifications for Nationals/How about 500 LIFETIME MILES

Heidi,

Last years ride criteria I had nothing to do with.
All I know is that they want to change this years ride
criteria (in the middle of the year) and there seems
to be controversy over the how/and whys of the
increase in standards.  I really do not appreciate
being talked down to.  I am just trying to present
what people have brought to me, and what the
statistics are.  As a whole we can decide what to do
with the information and I will not condemn what is
put in place, but will support it.  I do know that
four years ago there were around 40 people at
Nationals and each year it has grown.  I do not want
to see a US Nationals with only 40 US representatives
(that elite of a group should be at Pan Am or World).

Tami Lange
ps. Most of the emails have been very supportive of
the way the NC was handled last year and that the
people writing would like to come back next year with
the same standards.  It has been a 60% for and 40%
against (some of those writing more then once).

Also for your information I have been taking the time
to learn the ropes.  I have been reading/riding and
learning about Endurance since 1997.  I know that I
have more to learn and am very grateful to my mentors
and ride management, vets etc., that are helping me
through this never ending learning curve. My total
miles are not high..only 375, however one of my horses
has 720 endurance miles since I have owned her and the
other has over 300 (I have taken them to all the rides
except two).  I have had four babies since 1995 and I
coach a team of 15 inner-city girls (For Free and my
Father and I pay for all the horsecare) called the
Messiah Equestrian team.  They ride English/Western
Pleasure and Speed events (Both my endurance horses
have won the girls Grand Champion in serveral events
and Reserve Champion in other events).  The better
riders get to ride Endurance.

Because I teach and lend out my precious horses, I
take LEARNING VERY SERIOUSLY, I DO respect the
knowledge of others, but do not believe because I am
newer at this sport I do not have the right to think
or speak about the decisions the leaders of this great
sport are making.