Re: RC: Qualification Change for Nationals: New Stats

Tami,
On the whole I don't believe the "less qualified" people knowingly take
worse care of their horses than experienced people. But, that's not the
point of the qualification for a national championship.
Declaring someone a National Champion on the basis of one ride is not in
keeping with the overall philisophy of endurance.(At least mine!) There's a
saying every dog has his day...and that holds true for horse races as well,
endurance included.  Any good horse/rider combo MIGHT win a single ride on a
given day, regardless of prior record. It might be their one (and only)
moment of shining glory.
If the entire field has already proven their ability to go the
distance--repeatedly--then winning that one ride means the BEST of the BEST
on that day. (A CHAMPION)

Nancy Mitts