<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] hay rack water tank
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:41:29 GMT 2003
  • - Susan Garlinghouse
  • - Barbara McCrary

    Re: [RC] hay rack water tank - Sullivan

    Kathy,

    I have a hay rack type water tank that I got from an RV place.  It holds about 75 gal, and believe me, THAT  can go fast if you take more than 2 horses to a ride.  I take mine off the trailer when I don't use it.  The down side is that the sun will just cook the plastic....they need to have some sort of UV cover on them. Mine has leaked from the hose-clamp part, and also come up with small pinholes. If you don't keep them drained when not in use they will grow algae...all in all, somewhat of a hassle.  Unless you consistently haul to places where there is NO water, but what you have to haul...probably not worth it.
    Karen
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 8:16 AM
    Subject: [RC] hay rack water tank

    I'm thinking of asking for the hay rack water tank in the SportTack catalog for xmas.  Does anyone have this (or  similar one) - what do you think?

    It holds 35 gallons, comes with a hose to use to get water, and it looks like I could still fit 2 bales of hay in the rack with it up there.

    Thanks,
    Kathy Kelly
    Parks AZ