Re: Aluminum vs. Steel Horse Trailers

Even here in the northwoods with lots of salt, steel trailers can last almost forever.  My first trailer was a 68 Hale 2 horse.  I had it for over 20 years.  Of course it had a new floor, rusted places  welded and fiberglassed and two paint jobs during that time.  Most of the reason that structural rusting happens is that manufactureres do not clean, prime and paint where you can't see.  Also a layer of fiber glass in the feed tray helps a bunch.

Ed.
Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th Street
Hudson, WI 54016