Re: re:horse dragging his toe

Another excellent way to correct stifle popping and locking was recommended by a top notch equine vet (farther north, not in our area) when my sister's horse started locking up and popping.  We expected she would need surgery and contacted this vet because we knew she was good and we would rather haul to her than have it done locally (by vets who were known to botch the job).  Anyway, before doing surgery she wanted my sister to try cavelletti poles placed strategically around her pasture and especially in front of her run in shed.  It took about a month but she stopped popping and locking up and never needed the surgery!  What a simply little trick that was!
Maggie