Abrasions on calves

 but at the expense of > my
> calves which now are missing a little skin.

Maybe you're pumping your legs... might try shortening your stirrup to
see if your leg will stay still on your horse's side.  When I first
started endurance I switched to a jumping saddle. I rode with the
stirrups too long and there was an arched path worn from my stirrups
swinging.  Got a saddle that put me over my feet and that stopped.  Is
there someone who could watch you?  I wear 1/2 chaps but only because my
stirrup leathers will pinch me without them. Rubbing has never been a
problem.  Who knows, could be it's because I've got plenty of meat on my
legs...are you boney? :-)  One final suggestion, "Body Glide" available
at bike shops or from Sport tack I believe.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.