Abrasions on calves

Mike Lewis mlewis73@yahoo.com
Completed yet another 25 miler last weekend, but at the expense of my
calves which now are missing a little skin.

I usually ride in Saddle Bums with half-chaps.  The SB's were clean, and I
could find no debris in my chaps.  What is causing this abrasion, and what
can I do to prevent it?  I have considered wrapping my lower leg in some
sort of bandage in an effort to prevent this extremely uncomfortable
situation.

What do the 50-100 milers do to prevent this?

Thanks kindly for any suggestions,
-Mike