skeletal question

I hope this finds everyone well and enjoying this beautiful weather.

I would like to know if anyone knows anything about the "Intertransverse Joint," located at the L4 and L5, lumbar vertebra.  And is only found in horses.

Here is the story,

I had a Chiropractic Veterinarian out to the farm last Saturday to look at my 9 yr. old Anglo.

We had fell in October and I knew in the pit of my gut he was out... He wasn't really showing to much to the naked eye (other than the 3 inches of hide missing off his left hip, from my stirrup). but he was getting back sore and was refusing the right lead.

I called around everywhere, and couldn't find a chiropractor that I could either 1. Afford or 2. could get out here till December.  So I finally found one whom I could afford and she could squeeze me in on a trip north (so no trip charge... wow, my lucky day... YEA).

He was out in 11 different places.  Poor guy, I feel terrible.  She mentioned the "Intertransverse Joint." (She is looking for some information for me as well.)  This joint was jammed on his right side, which she said is why he refused his right lead for me.  I was intrigued, and had to know more.  By the way, after she adjusted him, we let the horse out and he RAN like the wind IN HIS RIGHT LEAD..... yippee.

So, has anyone heard of this joint or where I can find some information on it?  I have looked at all the horse sites I have found so far.  I can't find one article or mentioning of this joint anywhere.

I would appreciate any information possible.

Sincerely,
Jinnifer Plummer