strangles vaccine

From research I did about a year or two ago regarding this vaccine,  it is
the hot thing if you want to vaccinate against strangles. However, is it
really necessary? Horses that get the disease generally survive, yet if they
are vaccinated and contract the disease from the vaccination, they can become
very ill. If I were considering vaccinating my horse I would read everything
available on the topic before making this decision to do so.