Morgans & Endurance

Jen R. artbug@m-y.net
I have really enjoyed reading all the posts on Morgans.  I've just signed
up for my first LD at Leatherwood and I ride a 6 yr old Morgan mare.  Zena
of Cedar Creek (Quail Meadow Mistral x Raspberry Jam) stongly old Govt.
with a touch of Funquest bred. And although she has good "old" lines, she
has more outcrosses further back than either of my other two Morgans.

We did CTR's last year, never had an unsound moment, but her respiration
can be high due to panting if she's hot, and her pulse is always right at
the limit of penalty points (CTR rules), but that is normal for her.  She
is always strong at vet outs and good once done.  And she has an enormous
trot and a 4-4.5 mile per hour walk. (Which can be a pain at the slower
paced CTR's, I rarely do more than this walk, and she wants to).

I'm soaking in the Morgan advice on vet checks. Thanks!  And if I ever
decide I want to be competitive, I have a 3 yr old Arab/Mustang cross
gelding waiting in the wings. :0)

Jennifer and Zena (more hay please)