<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Actor Who Can Ride
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:40:55 GMT 2003
  • - Mike & Laurie Hilyard
  • - Libby & Quentin Llop

    Re: [RC] Actor Who Can Ride - Becky Huffman

    I thought it was an excellent promo for the next movie and it's always fun to see actors portrayed as riders who can really ride.  Did you see Legolas (the elf) swing up from the right side, behind the dwarf on the white horse at a gallop??  FX, I'm sure, but still impressive....

    what they *didn't* show was Gandalf the White on Shadowfax, who allows Gandalf to ride by his own choice, and does not wear saddle or bridle.  Ian McKellen is also a rider and did some of his own stunts, but not all.  I read that galloping bareback, especially without a bridle, was a little more then he wanted to attempt.

    "Good and Ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. "
    -Aragorn, son of Arathorn

    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 11:38 AM
    Subject: [RC] Actor Who Can Ride

    I was watching the 1-hour promo for "The Two Towers"
    last night.  Viggo Mortenstern (or whatever his
    name is) who plays Aragorn rides quite well, and
    even seems to *like* riding and horses.  The cast
    was saying he'd ride on his days off to get to
    know his horse.  Deep seat, almost an old-fashioned
    "chair" position.  Very still.

    So what?

    Well, not much, really.  But he is going to be
    the star of Disney's _Hidalgo_ movie about
    Frank Hopkins, the turn-of-the-century
    endurance rider.

    It's snowing again...sigh

    Linda B. Merims