<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] Exempts private property, military lands and all plantlifefrom ES
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:39:58 GMT 2003
  • - FASTGraphic

    Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] Exempts private property, military lands and all plantlifefrom ES - Maureen A. Fager

    Hi Bonnie,
    I don't disagree with you, but this issue was presented on RC and generated only one comment saying this would be a benefit for public land access. My point is, it is not, as it promots private land developement, a threat to public land accesses and use. I understand that yes, goverement restrictions can cause restriction or lack of access--but the dismantling of the ESA and other restrictions, will not magicly open public lands, instead the opposite can happen. I feel it is important to understand the developement/sprawl issues in addition to the government issues, as all can threaten access and use.
    Cheers,
    Maureen
    Reno, NV

    From: "Bonnie Davis" <horsecamping@xxxxxxxxx>
    To: "Maureen A. Fager" <trottin27@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Exempts private property, military lands and all plant lifefrom ES
    Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:42:10 -0800

    Hi Maureen:

    I doubt this will get onto Ride Camp because for some reason it won't
    'accept' my e-mails but I get to read all yours.....

    Don't forget that the government STOPS access too.  With wilderness areas,
    roads are not allowed.  The Roadless Initiative was fought so hard against
    by horsemen because it would eliminate roads on public lands that we use to
    pull horse trailers on to get into trail heads and staging areas.  And not
    only are access to trail heads and staging areas eliminated by closing but
    beginning April 2003, horsemen will be able to utilize California federal
    lands for camping only when feeding California Certified Weed Free Feed.
    That also applies to the hay in the trailer manger being towed into a
    staging area for just a one day ride.  Any livestock feed that goes onto
    California federal lands will have to be California Certified Weed Free
    Feed -- now that can be a big stopping point for access if the feed cannot
    be found!  For more information, www.weedfreefeed.com.

    Bonnie Davis