<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Do Pastured Horses Come In Out of the Rain?
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:39:24 GMT 2003
  • - Linda Cowles
  • - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani

    RE: [RC] Do Pastured Horses Come In Out of the Rain? - Snodgrass, Bonnie

    What I find is importent is having a place that they can be confined in if there is a need. A good run-in can be constructed so it can be used as an enclosure in case of injury, illness, etc. By the way, I'm originally from western Oregon where rain rot reigns. It is really necessary to bring horses in and let their skins really dry out to prevent rain rot or to get rid of it.

    Bonnie Snodgrass
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Cocomix3@xxxxxxx [mailto:Cocomix3@xxxxxxx]
    Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 2:22 PM
    To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: [RC] Do Pastured Horses Come In Out of the Rain?

    Well, I live in southern California like a mile off of the beach, and my two boys are in a nice big pasture. I have a great shelter and mats for them,,,, but sadly for me, they perfer the rain. It is cold of course , but they grow coats. I feed them under the shelter but they really like the rain.

    Michelle schifman