<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] [Guest] Pull Codes/Data Collection
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:39:27 GMT 2003
  • - John A. Teeter
  • - SandyDSA

    RE: [RC] [Guest] Pull Codes/Data Collection - Roy Drinnan

    -----Original Message-----
    From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ridecamp Guest
    Sent: November 11, 2002 11:23 AM
    To: guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [RC] [Guest] Pull Codes/Data Collection

    K S SWIGART katswig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Roy Drinnan said

    >> My profession and expertise is that of a 25 year computer systems
    consultant and software
      developer.  I can assure you that you can never go wrong by collecting
    data.  The worst you have
      done is waste a little paper.  <<

    And he is mistaken.  Bad data IS worse than no data.  If you have
    no data, then you know you have no information and know that you are
    making an uninformed choice and that your decision is a shot
    in the dark.

    I am sorry but data may be flawed for some purposes but the real flaw is in
    the use of data, not the data.  Attempting to use data to support something
    the data does not support is flawed, not the data.

    Give me any statistic, and I can use your data to prove you wrong.
    Statistics are the best lie in the world.  Is the class half full of half
    empty.

    Don't blame the data if it does not vontain what you think it should.  But
    that been siad, we should all work to get more accurate data.  This is what
    the new pull codes are all about.

    Any horse that completes a ride, no matter how lame or metabolically
    challenged does not require a pull code or a measurment of its fitness to
    continue, but if you pull your horse, be honest about why you pulled the
    horse.  Was it soundness, metabolics or just you having a bad day.  Its not
    judgement, its just getting the right reasons.

    Roy Drinnan