<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] beet pulp
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:37:41 GMT 2003
  • - Laura Hayes
  • - Sullivan

    Re: [RC] beet pulp - Laurie Durgin

    It was soaked. I  had just started to add it to my feed routine
    To: Laurie Durgin; hope lundquist; suendavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    , and was giving everyone a little ,and gave her more than usual  that day , ( a scoop  as opposed to half a scoop. ). I forgot about her bolting food tendency, although I had read on ridecamp  all about how some people thought it did and others said it didn't. IMHO now, for her , as a food bolter, she needs the big rocks in her bin, the other horses who eat more leisurely, do not. And all the horses are separated at feeding time :) Too  bad by neglecting rocks , it cost me 140.$$ vet bill.{Does that make rocks worth 25$ a lb.}I got it , new business!!!  ANTI-CHOKE ROCKS!!!!!  Of course I will igve a 20%discount to all ridecamp subscribers:}  Laurie and Rascal, (who likes to eat anything, but leisurely)
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: superpat
    Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 12:37 PMCc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: [RC] beet pulp

    Laurie,
    This may sound like a dumb question, but are you feeding your mare SOAKED beet Pulp? It only takes about an hour or if you are using the shredded, less than that and you eliminate all worry about choke. When I am preparing my out vet check supplies, I simply put about a cup or less beet pulp pellets in a gallon size freezer bag and add a couple cups of water and seal and place in another freezer bag. When I get to the vet check, it is a moist, soft mixture and I merely add more water. (Of course, my mare shows little interest in it unless I am smart enough to put it in some one else's horse's area and she can then "steal" it).
    Pat