<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Sewing a Sheath Shut?
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:37:42 GMT 2003
  • - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
  • - superpat

    Re: [RC] Sewing a Sheath Shut? - Howard Bramhall

    OK, not only are endurance folks "different,"  but this is the kind of stuff I was referring to when I said all endurance riders are from another planet in a galaxy far, far away.  Looks like those show people and racetrack folks have even traveled a greater distance than we did to get here.

    That mare thing, flapping in the breeze, knocked me out of my chair when I read it.  I'm not sure if it was the shock or the humor, but it put me flat on my butt.  Now, if a guy were to say that I think we'd have a problem here, but, since it came from a woman, I guess it's perfectly fine and OK.  Since the area in question seems to be protected from direct wind, unless the mare trots backwards and you somehow strap her tail to the side, I would have never even contemplated such a thing taking place back there.  Those harness racing people; go figure!

    I swear, some days, I really do believe when I log onto Ridecamp, I enter another dimension.  Looks like this is one of those days.

    cya,
    Howard (if they don't get that Beltway sniper soon, I think all endurance riders, who own a gun, need to infiltrate the woods around the D.C. area, and, nobody tells CNN.  We need to remove this person from our midst; I'm getting sick and tired of seeing Americans depicted as victims lately)

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Carolyn Burgess
    Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 9:33 AM
    To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [RC] Sewing a Sheath Shut?

    <<<sewing the stallion's sheath closed for the class so as not to allow him
    to drop, thus causing an embarrassing moment for the owner, trainer, who
    again??>>>

    This may seem like a strange thing, but in the harness racing world, they
    sew a mare shut and just leave enough room for her to pee through.  The
    theory is that she will be flapping in the breeze when she runs and that
    would be distracting.  I think it would be more distracting to be sewn shut
    :-o

    Carolyn Burgess