<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] Wood Chewing Cont'd
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:37:06 GMT 2003
  • - Ridecamp Moderator
  • - Angie Orr

    [RC] Wood Chewing Cont'd - Dana B.

    From: Jerri Larsen <jerril@xxxxxxxx>

    "I was just thinking... these horses doing the chewing also were on a
    alfalfa/grass hay diet.  I was reading that when on this type hay they
    should be given Phosphorus."

    Hmm, that's interesting.  I have found with my horses that the more beet pulp I feed, the less the trees get eaten.  I feed soaked, shredded beet pulp.  Depending on the horse they get one to three quarts of soaked beet pulp per day (that's soaked to carrying capacity soaked).

    They also are on orchard grass hay and 23/7 drylot turnout.

    Dana

    ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx