<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] [RC] Dixie Midnight
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:36:46 GMT 2003
  • - Lori Bertolucci
  • - Alison Farrin

    Re: [RC] [RC] Dixie Midnight - Lori Bertolucci

    Karl.
    I received my pad today and thank you!! It is a most unusual looking pad, but I have heard enough testimonials to know it will work. I will not trim to any size, as I want to be able to use it under both my western saddle and my Reactor Panel all-purpose saddle.

    Anyone thinking about ordering one of these pads, I just thought I would let you know it is worth the phone call just to talk to Karl! He had me in stitches for the whole conversation, and that was one long phone call! He not only got my order out right away, but in the course of the conversation gave me some training tips for my new horse and also how to teach a person to ride center of their horse.
    Karl is extremely knowledgable when it comes to horses and his stories of gathering and shipping swamp cattle (Crackers?) will have you in tears.
    I can't wait to try out my new pad!

    Lori B.

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: dixie midnight
    Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 12:12 PM
    To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Dixie Midnight

    On RideCamp, 10-11-02, Cindy Eyler writes:
    "Here's my experience -- and Karl, the developer of the DM vent pad, agrees.
    If you do long rides in hot and humid weather, at competition speed, you
    will occasionally still need to wash your saddle pad."

    Well...Cindy and I discussed this point on another list recently, and the
    situation we were looking at was this:

    On a REALLY hot and humid day, when Horse is doing over 20 miles, at a good
    pace, it is POSSIBLE that a very slight amount of moisture will rise to the
    outside of the bottom of the saddle pad.  We've never seen enough moisture
    there to even penetrate the saddle pad.  If left alone, it will evaporate,
    and >poof< be gone.

    And, of course, we ride in Florida--the Granddaddy of 'em all for hot, humid
    weather.  (Pant, pant--is it gone yet??? It's OCTOBER and it's 92°F in the
    SHADE!!!)

    As Cindy says, above, it is her experience that once in a while you might
    want to wash your saddle pad--it's the sort of thing that is a rider option.
      We've experienced this phenomenon occasionally, and haven't ever washed
    our saddle pads (that'd be in 12 years of riding with the same saddle pad
    and a No-Sweat) and we have no smells or ickies on our pads.

    That's why we call it a rider option.

    GOOD point, Cindy!!  Thanks for bringing it up!

    Karl
    Dixie Midnight
    No-Sweat vent pads
    http://www.dixiemidnight.nv.switchboard.com