<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] mule crosses
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:36:47 GMT 2003
  • - Mary
  • - kathy . mayeda

    RE: [RC] mule crosses - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani

    People out there want Arab mules??? I've got a whole country full of them. My oldest mare, Nimbus, now about 28 yrs, came to me because she was pregnant from an unknown cause and her owner couldn't afford to keep her. She's a gorgeous Arab cross with something foreign because she gets a polar bear coat in the winter, but she has a very typey head. Her foal was a lovely chocolate mule filly who faded to white as she got older. At her birth, the stable staff were very embarrassed by her, but she looked for all the world like an Arab filly, except for the ears. Koko was smarter than any foal I've ever bred since, easier to train and would have been bigger than her mother (whose father was probably a TB, it being a common scam in country breeders to cross TB stallions with Arab mares to get Arab-looking racehorses that are hopefully fast.).  She also didn't have a call that was actually a bray. Mules aren't held in high esteem here except by the carters, so I succombed to pressure and sold her when she was about a year. Regretted it ever since.

    Maryanne
    -----Original Message-----
    From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Paddi
    Sent: October 10, 2002 1:31 AM
    To: ridecamp
    Subject: [RC] mule crosses

    I have not heard of any arab mules. Personality would be something else.
    if any one has one
    Dr. Hamilton one of the Sask ride vets and a department head at the vet college would like to hear from you.
    Says he will ride endurance when we find him an arab mule.
    He feels quite safe that will never happen
    paddi