Re: Mogans and what they do

Let me add a few more differences - Morgans seem take a little longer to condition than Arabs before doing their first rides. I always try to get off at the 1/4 mile vet check sign, really helps meeting criteria. There are lots of Arabs which can just trot in to the check. I never let my boys eat anything before P&R, keeps their pulse up. And, yes, be sure their pulse stays down before presenting for P&R or for the vet. Haven't had too many problems with the CRI. I do seem to use more water on the boys than is used on the Arabs, well, with Sonny any way.

On the other hand, Morgans have a fantastic road trot. Arabs are usually cantering to keep up. As with most horses, electrolytes are very important and keeping them hydrated.

Have fun with your mare, Mel.

Jeanne
Sonny & Wichita