Re: Intranasal Vaccines

Every horse has a different reaction to it....mine are fine with it....Karen Chaton's Weaver is allergic to it.....you have to decide what is best for you and go from there....Cora
----- Original Message -----
From: Ourponies@aol.com
To: Ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2002 12:03 PM
Subject: RC: Intranasal Vaccines

Anyone have any thoughts on or experience with the intranasal strangles vaccine?  Are there reactions as with the injectible vaccine?  How close to a ride date would it be advisable to give the two doses (three weeks apart)?  Just wondering.  I am inclined to get going on this, but talking to my vet's office has not resolved my concerns about how the vaccine would affect my horse at a ride in the near future.
Thanks!

Karen Bottiani