Re: RC: Re: Death Valley Rant

At 07:31 AM 01/25/2002 -0800, Barbara McCrary wrote:
>And the area around Ballarat on DVE is highly variable, even on the flat
>stretches.  It's all in a person's perspective, isn't it?

Well, and it's not really flat either.  If you look across the whole valley
from on top of the mountain you'll see that there isn't anything totally
flat anywhere.  I got some of the most beautiful photos I've ever taken at
this ride.  I love how storms cause the desert scenery to look so dramatic,
it's truly beautiful.

Here is one photo that is made more interesting because of the
storm:  http://www.endurohorse.com/EHRide1904/5598.jpg

This one shows that while the valley looks flat, it is certainly not "level":
http://www.endurohorse.com/EHRide1904/5612.jpg

Bored?  How could you get bored on the back of a horse!!!   Barbara, I
never got bored on the Applegate-Lassen trail!  Maybe you should do it
again so I can go back and see if it's more boring the 2nd time! :+))