Re: Sponsor needed for Hallelujah

Ditto: Way back when, when Whitney my daughter, was a junior, we were on some ride in Nevada.  It was a two day 150 miles...I got pulled after the first day...and had to find Whitney a sponsor because all she had to do was finish and she would win the Junior national championship for that year. We were in some remote spot...ride camp that night was the parking lot of a bar.;o) I asked Kerry Ridgeway if he could recommend any one whom I could ask...and he pointed me in the direction of someone named Ann Hall...Ann and her friend Larry HAD to finish the ride in order to meet the qualifications for the next years' ROC which was the infamous Montana 3-day ROC.  Anyway...I asked her and she was hesitant at first...but finally agreed to sponsor Whitney...The next day Larry, Ann and Whitney had one amazing adventure after another: stories we still tell and generally end up laughing hysterically!   To make a REALLY  LONG story short, they had to stop the ride at about 130 miles(all the ribbons were vandalized and everyone ended up wandering around in the desert.) and just give completions(no points for placing) So Whitney missed out on the national Championship but didn't really care. She had a ball,and we made some life-long friends(who talked us into doing the Tevis the next year!) I know that every ride where Whitney ended up being sponsored by someone other then ME, she had a great time and made wonderful friends.

----- Original Message -----
From: Truman Prevatt
To: DreamWeaver
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 6:28 PM
Subject: RC: Sponsor needed for Hallelujah

For once in my life I will have to agree with Karen :-). There are plenty of people out there who would make wonderful sponsors for your daughter. If she wants to do the 50, then there are plenty of SE riders who will be a Hallelujah who will be happy to help out and in who's hands the junior will be safe and have a wonderful ride.

Contact Lucy and let her help out.  I would trust my own kids with Lucy's judgement and I'm pretty dog gone picky.  Hopefully you find a sponsor.

Truman