Re: Re: abuse-very long

I don't mind someone caring enough to stick their neck out and report
"suspected" abuse but when a vet and a farrier are available and confirm
that the horse HAS been receiving care, that should end the case.  Our
client was FORCED to seek further treatment at HER expense and not a small
expense either.  In that particular county, I feel the Animal Control has
overstepped their bounds.  They are continuing to give this lady grief even
though they know she is trying to rehabilitate some of these animals... I
think once they investigate and find that measures are being taken to care
for the animals, that they are not being neglected and have appropriate vet
and farrier care, the case should be done.  I don't believe it's right that
they should be able to tell ME that I HAVE to take my animals to another vet
(or hospital or wherever) at MY expense if I can document and prove that I
am already caring properly for my animal.
Maggie