Re: Saddle Pad?

I tried one of those felt pads under my western saddle on a CTR and the pad
soaked up sweat like a sponge and weighed about ten pounds when I took it
off.

Another friend of mine was using a neoprene roper's pad and she scalded the
hell out of her horse's back.

Both of these pads are great in an arena, but they're just not suited for
long hours at a fast trot or lope.

I'd recommend a pad with fake sheepskin and no absorbency or try one of
those Dixie Midnight pads under your felt pad.