Re: RC: Portable Corral-info request

I've been using the portable electric fence for a couple of years, with the
wide white tape.  Haven't had any problems with my horse, as long as the
charger worked...he tests it at every single ride, and at the one ride where
the charger wasn't working and I thought I could bluff him, he pulled all the
posts out of the ground (he spent that ride tied to the trailer except when I
was right there at the trailer watching him).  <G>

The big problem I've always been worried about, and that really hit home at a
3-day ride a month or so ago, is other loose horses.  At this recent ride, a
bunch (maybe 10-15?) of horses got loose and were galloping in a herd back
and forth through camp - not just once, but twice.  My husband and I, along
with my riding partner, ran to secure our horses, all of which were in
electric fences.  Hubby had already promised me a portable panel corral for
my b-day, and he really got to see the need for one at this ride!  Guess this
(other loose horses) is the biggest drawback I see to the portable electric
fence...might work well for your horse (as it does for mine), but one can't
control all the other horses in camp.

Dawn in Texas