Cougar Prowl?

Could someone tell me about this ride?  How is the terrain and footing?
Special and I only did a few rides last year and this ride is coming up
fairly quickly.  We'll only be doing the 25, but I don't want to stress her
unduly.  We'll be coming from NE Kansas and have been conditioning on the
trails around Shawnee Mission Lake (Kansas).  For the locals, any suggestions
on other trails on which to condition that will be similar to conditions at
the Cougar Prowl?

Any suggestions from anyone for a good ride schedule to use between now and
March 9 to get ready?  We were riding three times a week, with a range of 10
to 15 miles each ride, until about four or five weeks ago when everyone in my
family started getting sick.  I want to finish, and discuss letting ME decide
on our speed with Special, and am not interested in "winning."

Rhonda