<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] FYI
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:30:53 GMT 2003
  • - SandyDSA

    Re: [RC] FYI - Colleen Egleston

    Having personally rescued more than 10 horses from abuse and starvation in the last three years, many of whom were registered ex-performance horses, I say no way.  The problem with the horse industry is the same with the pet industry, too much supply, too little demand.  There really are not enough good homes out there for all the horses, and the more we produce, the more that suffer.  If people think that only old, lame horses end up in the kill pen, they should visit their local auction kill pen, they would be shocked.
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 7:19 PM
    Subject: [RC] FYI

    I know that not all distance riders ride Arabians, but so many do - and there are many quality breeders out there - that I wanted to touch bases with this group re: this notion of ET. The Registry is now considering allowing a mare to technically if not physically produce more than one registerable foal per year. Aside from the obvious impact on the economics of the vast majority of breeders, what do you all think of this?

    San