Pelham

Title: Pelham

I actually rode Beau with a double reined pelham when I first acquired him.  He wouldn’t go in a jointed snaffle back then because he needed dental work done.  Once I had (canines?) cut back I was able to use the snaffle.  I actually prefer the way he responds to a french link snaffle than a pelham under “normal” situations now.  I’m just talking about race control with kimberwicke.

So – bottom line – I will continue to ride with the snaffle under most situations and occassionally train with other stuff so that it’s available as a tool as brakes.  I have a curiousity about the running martingale that won’t be quenched until I actually try it.  Will definitely try the kimberwicke.

K.