Re: Why so few LDs in NE region????

Ask ride managers.  Tell your friends or fellow riders who might also be
interested to tell ride managers.  Ride managers don't know what you want
unless you tell them.  Then offer to do something to help...obviously you
want to RIDE the LD so offer to sponsor an award or ribbons or volunteer to
help out with another distance.  SHOW the ride manager that you are serious.
But if they follow through, then so should you!  :)  Good luck but remember
you don't HAVE to ride 25s first.  I actually started out doing 25 comp
rides and then tried my first 50.... I thought I would die but every one
gets easier.  Take care and have fun!
Maggie