check ligament tear

Lynda ridinbanjo@ctnis.com
My four year old has a small tear in his check ligament.  He had an
ultrasound and the vet said to give him 30 days rest and it should heal up
nicely.  My question is will he continue to have problems with this and
how long before it's really healed.  That tendon is also slightly thicker
than the other and I'm wondering if it will stay like that.  He's had two
months off since the diagnosis and I'm wondering if it's safe to begin
riding him in the spring lightly.  Thanks for the help.