<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] info
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:29:52 GMT 2003
  • - halterlady
  • - Bette Lamore

    Re: [RC] info - superpat

    Hi again, Jen,
    I think most of your questions and concerns can be addressed best if you
    find an endurance ride that is happening that you can get to. You can
    contact the ride manager and offer to help (yes, there may be something you
    can do even with your limited knowledge) and just go and observe. I would
    plan on getting there early on Friday and pitching a tent or whatever and
    plan on staying at least until late Saturday. If you can wrangle the time,
    you may want to stay until the awards breakfast (if there is one). You will
    see people caring for their horses and if you wander around you will
    undoubtedly find people to chat with. Endurance folks are happy to share if
    you don't pick an inappropriate time when they are attending to their
    mounts, etc.
    You will see an array of tack, saddles, trailers, camping styles, and during
    the ride you will see people in various stages of the ride/race caring for
    their mounts. Then, if you have questions to ask, specific to what you may
    have observed, Ride Camp may be one place to start.
    Just go to the Endurance net web site that I sent to you and take it from
    there. Poke around and you will find all kinds of great things of interest.
    Go browse the advertisers pages for information about shoes, saddles, etc.
    as well.
    You should have loads of fun....
    Pat