<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Skito Pads
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:28:53 GMT 2003
  • - Roger Rittenhouse
  • - Bobbie Brown

    Re: [RC] Skito Pads - amber applegate

    After spending a fortune on pads, I went to the Skito. I have three of them for my three different saddles. Darleen at Trails End, called Tucker Saddlery where I ordered my saddles and had each pad made to fit the different saddle types.

    If you are confused about anything, call Darleen at Trails End. She is most helpful and will gladly take the time to explain everything to you and even suggest what might be best suited for you. I rarely have any slippage now, unless it is a really, really steep downhill. I don't use a crupper, but do use a breastplate.  Also, they are simple to wash and come out looking like new. I love them.
    amber
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 6:18 PM
    Subject: [RC] Skito Pads

    Hi everyone,

    I'm pretty new to endurance  ( 3 LD rides and one 50 mile ride)and I have a question about Skito Pads.  I currently ride my horse in a Sports Saddle.  I switched from a Wintec All Purpose and my horse and I love the  new saddle!  I use a Woolback saddle pad and occasionally my saddle will still slip a bit.  Actually it doesn't seem to be the saddle that slips, it's the pad.  I now put the saddle so I have about 2 inches pad peeking out from under the pommel and that helps with the sliding.  I have my girth on pretty tight, so I don't think that's an issue.  The slipping isn't really bad, I ride in the mountains in Virginia without a crupper and not a problem there.  I read some posts about people riding in Sports Saddles with Skito Pads and loving it.  I looked through a Trails End catalog and was a bit dazed by the choices between  Outer Cover and Inner Cover.  I would really appreciate any inputs on the Skito subject.

    Thanks,

    Birgit