<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] gps watch
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:27:28 GMT 2003
  • - Jim Holland
  • - Barbara McCrary

    RE: [RC] gps watch - Roby, Diane

    Speaking of mileage and speed....how do you attach a device that tracks mileage to the horse?  If I have a regular walking pedometer can I use that to see how far we've gone?
    -----Original Message-----
    From: oddfarm [mailto:jsalas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
    Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2002 9:10 AM
    To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [RC] gps watch

    I knew I saw a watch with a GPS system. However, it is not a mapping watch. It is a running, hiking, biking etc,. watch made by Timex with a Garmin GPS. It will track your mileage and speed as well as take a heart rate and count laps. I don't see why you couldn't use it for training mileage on horses as well. I think it is pretty cool. It is priced around $200+.  Nike is also making watches that tell distance and speed (97% accurate) and offer a few different prices.

    The prices will drop. Last year I looked for personal DVD players for the kids for our trip out west. They started at $599. Now Wal-Mart is selling them for $199.

    Lisa Salas, The Odd farM
    School is out and I reeeeeally need those long, hot insufferable rides just to make the rest of the summer seem bearable. I do love my kids.... really. ;}