From: Lauren Horn
To: RIDECAMP
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 8:09 AM
Subject: RC: Multidays & 4 year olds

<What does everybody think about 4 year old horses doing a LD ride for 5 >
<days in a row?  (some are 25, 30, or 35 miles long)>

<k>
It depends on the horse AND they should go slow.  I think if the horse is ridden correctly for their level of fitness and development, then it should not be a problem. I know of one horse in particular who was ridden regularly, but slow, as a four year old, started  slow 50's at 5 and is doing GREAT years later. Right?, Becky and Heather???  ;-)

Lauren

Lauren & Allan Horn
San Juan Capistrano, CA