Re: RC: Question on S hackamore

>I replaced the wire on mine with hay string, and wrapped the chain with a
>thick wrapping of duct tape.  You will probably need to shorten the chain
>some, so it won't swing too much.  I think that wire is dangerous, if they
>got caught on something and pulled back it would slice right thru their flesh.

So far everyone is telling me that the wire IS necessary but that I could change it to a different material or just wrap it.  I replaced the curb chain with a nylon/chain combo today.  The chain that came with the S hack was not really adjustable and had no contact with the horse.  I think I'll try wrapping the thin wire with vet wrap first.  Thanks all for your replies.

Amber