Re: RC: Question on S hackamore

At 05:12 PM 1/11/02 -0600, you wrote:
>The small wire that attaches the shanks together sometimes gets tangled up
>with the curb chain since they are so close together.  It also seems very
>close to the horse and I'm afraid it might hurt him.  I'm wondering whether
>that small wire is absolutely necessary.  Any comments on this?  I'm scared
>to cut it off and then discovered it had a vital use.

I replaced the wire on mine with hay string, and wrapped the chain with a
thick wrapping of duct tape.  You will probably need to shorten the chain
some, so it won't swing too much.  I think that wire is dangerous, if they
got caught on something and pulled back it would slice right thru their flesh.