re riding with dog on a leash

Hi,

I would not do this. I have ridden with my dogs and it
works out well but I don't have them attached. I have
also mountain biked with a dog on a leash (do this and
you KNOW why you don't want to ride a horse with a dog
on a leash) but I would not ride a horse with a
attached dog. Too many things can go wrong.

 The retractable leashes are somewhat hard to manage
and it would be hard to reel in the dog to the right
length - out of the way of teh horse and out of the
path of the car. It is bad enough to lose a lunge line
when lunging a horse and that does not really have the
chance of a dog and a horse and a car being tangled.
Plus the nylon rope that reels in and out will rope
burn you or the horse to a fare-thee-well if it got
tangled around legs or your hands.

I would either walk the dog and the horse on the
ground with a regular leash on the road areas and then
release the dog when the area was safe or maybe carry
the dog on the horse in the road areas( have done
this, horse is used to it and dog is 20lbs, your
results may vary <flame suit on>)

Stasia