RC: Re: Re: Good places to live]

Howard...AND Truman

You don't have to go all the way to West Virginia to ride the Blue Ridge Mountains.  Just stop by my place in North Georgia....this is the Southwestern end of the Blue Ridge chain. The weather is milder than West Virginia. Guarantee you it's just as pretty. From here you can ride Tennessee (Cherokee National Forest and Big Frog Wilderness), North Carolina (Natahala National Forest), and Georgia (Chattahoochee National Forest and Cohutta Wilderness) As to rivers, there is the Jacks, Conasauga, Ocoee (white water rafting), Chattahoochee, Nantahala (more white water rafting), Hiwassee, just to mention a few.  However, bring your breast strap and crupper... <grin>  Most of North Georgia, however, is National Forest.  Just a few small places here and there.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche, and Mahada Magic.

As much as I adore Florida, I have to agree with Truman.  Blue Ridge Mountains, in Virginia, is where I want to die.  Ride nine months there a year, and then come to Florida, the only place to be the other three (Dec, Jan, & Feb).  I mean, a guy's gotta ride, or be able to, 365 days a year.  It can be done.

There are places in those Virginia mountains, where you never see the light of day.  Something is always blocking out the sun.  And the ride, on the back of a horse, is a challenge.  Talk about some slippery rocks!

Howard