Re: RC: Appy types?

I've been reading the posts about Appys, Arabs, etc. and just had to brag
about our 1/2 Arab/Appy, Sur Malibu Bay. Malibu was sired by Sur-Ra-Neet (old
Kellogg breeding) and out of an Appy mare who was half TB and sired by Malibu
Chief who goes back to the Arab Ferras. Our Malibu was really beautiful...
looked like an Arab & colored like an Appy (won at halter and western
pleasure in the Arab shows) and completed Tevis twice. His most outstanding
accomplishment was his first endurance ride. He completed the first Capitol
to Capitol ride (200 miles, Carson City, Nevada to Sacramento, CA) and won
Best Condition. My son, Mike, rode him and if I remember correctly, Mike was
still in high school. If we could ever get another half Arab/Appy like him I
would be in heaven. Until now, we stick with the purebred Arabs.

Bonnie
So. Calif.