Appy Bashing

I don't know why you all do this.  There are horses that can excell at
endurance that aren't Arabs or 1/2 Arabs.  There are Morgans, Mustangs,
Standardbreds, Appaloosas, Thoroughbreds and even Quarter Horses & Paints
that do well.  There are smart Arabs and stupid Arabs.  Just because someone
has found a horse that they like, and does well in this sport, or someone
who really doesn't want an Arab (for whatever reason, even what you think
are dumb reasons), most of you seem to jump all over that person for not
being able to "see the light" and falling all over themselves to get an
Arab.

We are all individuals who have a common interest in a sport.  I am one of
those people who didn't want an Arab.  I'm not going to justify why I didn't
want one, but I wanted a Standardbred and that's what I have.  It's still
too early to see if he will be good at this sport.  You know, it's still to
early to see if I'll be any good at this sport.  But I'm a 42 year old
mother of 3, new to this sport.  Will I ever be at the top of this sport?  I
don't think so, I do it for fun.  So why wouldn't I want a partner that I
can have fun with? And if I have fun with a horse that isn't Arab, or is an
Arab, or is an Appaloosa, or Morgan or whatever, why do some of you seem to
take my horse decision so personally.

I have a group of friends that I ride and train with.  One owns an
Appaloosa, one has a Morgan, one has an Arab Pinto, and I have a
Standardbred, and we all have fun.  Isn't that what this is all about?

Carolyn Burgess