Heart Rate Monitors w/ High Low Alarms

I'm finally (after *how many* years?!) thinking of expanding my
techno-riding skills by going to a HRM receiver with a high/low alarm.  I'd
love to get feedback from those of you who have tried these, what you think
of them, and any brand recommendations.

Also, has anyone out there tried the new Polar Equine HRM?  (This HRM is
actually made for horses in the first place, as opposed to a human monitor
that has been (albeit very wonderfully and professionally--Roger)
jerry-rigged for horses.)

Thank you,
Dabney Finch