Re: fun awards

I always wanted to see someone get 'best sport' or 'iron will' for those
people who fall off and get back up and finish the ride.

I remember one girl at a ride in Louisiana whose horse flipped over in a
muddy hole and the girth broke.  Both horse and rider had minor scrapes, but
both were checked out by the vets and a nurse and were pretty much OK.  They
were five miles out (maybe a half a mile from camp, with one more loop to
go) and the girl was heartbroken that she couldn't finish.

The judges let her get repair stuff from camp, fix the saddle, go back out
and finish the ride.

Stuff like that makes my heart swell with pride.

I'd like to see awards for 'best spook' or 'best story', but I have no idea
how you'd judge that. . .