laminitis

I would not rule out competing on your Walker.  My great mare
had an allergic reaction to fertilizer (where I was boarding
they fertilized the pasture and even tho' I asked not to have my
girls turned out until it rained ....they did anyway..golly gee
my mare foundered the next day....I was livid!!).  Anyhow, I
caught it right away and had her treated....I was riding her
with in 2 weeks and she finished that season in fine shape.
This happened when she was 8 yr old....the mare is now 18 yr
old...has never suffered another case of founder (I moved her
from that barn ) and has over 4000 miles of competition on
her.....and is now giving me some beautiful babies.

june