Re: Can a horse with mild laminitis be competitive?

Danielle,
A 1-2 degree rotation is so minor you don't have to worry about it.  There
is no reason why your horse shouldn't have a happy, productive life on the
distance trail.  If you weren't able to figure out what caused your the
first bout of laminitis, just take precautions with feed and new grass.  Did
she blow out an abscess or did she just develop inflammation?
My sister uses a Big Horn endurance saddle on her Walker mare and it works
well.  We also use one on a couple of our Arabs...it doesn't always fit
every horse but it's an economical saddle to get started in that is of good
quality.  Abettas are ok, too but I like the Big Horn best.
Maggie